Sunday, February 28, 2016

2/23-2/28

2/23 (Tue)
Grateful for Mike Reyx and Amanda who stopped by to check on us.  They were so sweet to show up at our door and ask if we need anything!  We are so blessed to have such great home teacher -- and did I mention that they are inactive?  Love this family!
Super nervous and worried about Jeannie who has been sick for over a week now!  Thank goodness for a great insurance company and plan, so we be able to get her to see the Dr. right away in Utah.

2/24 (Wed)
That kid knows how to put a smile on your face when she got us a matching shirt for the summer so that we can take family picture with it - and when she was still sick!
Jady had half day of school today.  I took her to Walmarx and CVx to check on the braces for my neck, elbow and lower back.  As I sat there in my office this morning, I felt really bad about my pain coz I could not imagine myself in this condition for the rest of my life.  I need something quick to fix my problem.  I have a habit of praying everyday before I start working - and that I'd be able to use my skills to make someone's life easier.  As I was sitting at the table,  I came across the human anatomy visual dictionary and saw where the nerve goes in our body.  My first thought was, "Wow, those Chinese Dr. are so smart!  How could they (5000 years ago) know all the pressure points and nerves located in our body?"  Then, somehow I was reminded of the QiKunx class I took a few years back.

My thinking was - my position at work made my muscle stiff because most of the time I had my head down writing notes with the shoulder and back slouched forward.  When I was taking the QiKunx class, we would start our session with a 15 mins. warm up.  That warm up involved patting the whole body from head to toe or in another word, shaking out the bad "chi".   "Waking up" the organs and nervous system allowed the good "chi" flowing in and to eventually heal our body.  I remember mom did that warm up exercise when she was here and Dad also told me where to pat for optimal result to increase the energy/blood flow in the body.  Everything started to make sense all of a sudden!  I tried that today in between work and it helps relax my muscle.  Not only that, I found myself in a much better spirit as well when I talked to the client.      

Took the kids to mutual and met with the Enrichment Committex.... Get a lot more done and plan, so it was good.  

2/25 (Thur)
Work for an hour or so and then off to pick up Jady (another half day).  We drove to the hospital on time to get an EMG done and I told myself that I would never repeat that test again.  They basically shocked me with electric current and I got bruises from the needles - not just poking at one spot but the peripheral.  I am pretty determined that I would take control of my health from now on!  Had a fight with Evan... I was mad and disappointed because he made no time and effort to listen to my problems.  I went to bad pretty upset.

2/27 (Fri)
I expressed my feeling to Evan in the morning and he came home and apologized for him not being there for me when I needed him.  I pray that he would remember this lesson and never repeat the same mistake again whether it's to his wife or his children -- never send your loved ones away when they came to you with their problems.  That's the biggest mistake one would ever made!
      
Busy revising the retreat flyer.  I am so glad that all is done!  ;)  Mom kind of worries me - she has been having a couple of nose bleeding episodes.  I hope and pray that her nose was dry and the membrane was thin, and at worst having the disorder as Jady and nothing else.  Thank goodness to the wonderful orthopedics she has who referred her to see a ENT Dr. in 10 days.  We were amazed at how quickly they have the appointment set up.  

2/28(Sat)
Super busy and tiring... Woke up at 7, shower and then drove to downtown philly.  It was about 9:15 when I got there, so I tried to look for a 3 hour parking spot because my appointment was from 10-noon.  Being early doesn't help since most of these parking spots has a time limit of 2 hours if not 1 hour.  I was pretty frustrated going in circles (with the one way) traffic rules and became desperate when it's getting close to my appointment time.  So I drove to two garage places within a mile and they both asked me for $24 flat!  What?  I was only parking for a little over 2 hours so I just didn't feel like paying them that much.  This is wrong!  I continued my drive and it was closed to 10:02. The car to my left pulled out from the parking lot and there's my 2 hour spot.  It wasn't only a 2 hour spot, it was actually a pretty big spot for me who don't know how to parallel park.  What's more? It was situated diagonally to my destination acrossed the park.  I ran as fast as I could and was almost 15 mins. late to my appointment.  Thank goodness that the directors were super understanding.  They even allowed me to leave as soon as we were done.  That morning prayer was definitely working!

Came home tired and waited for the ladies to come help made the RS invites.  We finished around 4:45 and then gave Evan a ride to the store.  Think I might have passed out after I came home.  He left to a party with his friends and I woke up and took Jady to Wendys and hang out at Barns N noblx for a mother daughter date before picking up Evan at 9:30pm.  It was almost 10:40 by the time we came home.  The day was long and I couldn't wait to have Johnny home.

2/29 (Sun)
It was a great sacrament meeting as I looked around and spot a few act of kindness from the members.
1) Chip noticed the decons didn't pass the trays in order, so he asked the lady in front to pass it onto him and fixed the problem.
2) Wendy went to ask a semi active member to sit by her family.
3) Heidi's youngest son stroked her hair back in position after seeing the mess.
4) Sister Greenwax wrote me a note and thank me for giving her hug when she cried last week.
No wonder people said, "There is always someone watching, so be good!"
Had a wonderful time visiting Gloria.  She is absolutely a great lady.  I love chatting with older women.  They are so fun to be with. Two more days and Johnny will be home...

Time to prepare the lesson for next week!    


 


No comments: