The weather was nice so the driving to NJ for pick up was a breeze. It's so nice to have Johnny back and have someone to talk to. Jady of course mourned over not being able to sleep with me and I missed that part of it too. :) I am so happy that Johnny had a wonderful time visiting friends and family and having a celebration of his grandpa's life. I don't like to call it a funeral - it's a celebration of life especially he is 97. Being home by myself with the kids is not a easy job, and I am grateful for the experience - think I am more sympathetic towards single parent now.
3/2 - 3/5 (Wed thru Sat)
Spending quite a bit of time preparing my Sunday lesson on "Thriving to live in the gospel, keeping a balance while we struggle to jugxxxx." I have a lot of thoughts on the issue since it hit hard on my own personal life. As I was doing the research on the topics, I came across a few article that I really enjoy reading from the church website. What a blessing it is to be a member of the church and be lead by inspired leaders - I can basically find answer to anything about life from the articles written by them.
Evan took his first SAT on Sat (3/5). He was pretty confident about the test and felt strong of getting similar score as the practice test. We shall see.
3/6 - 3/9 (Sun - Wed)
Somehow, I wasn't as worry about the lesson as I did in the past. I can feel that someone (an angel/spirit) would help me with the work, and it's probably the Lord's way to calm me down from being nervous. <3 div="">
3>
3/7 (Mon)
The filling at the back of my molar came off and I called the dentist for help. Fortunately, she was able to fit me in at 11:00 while I called as I was running my errands that morning in Phoenixville. I was decided to get some groceries and flowers for a few sisters at the store there and was blown by the how the schedule works perfectly between my errands and the appointment. Not only that -- I was able to deliver a plant to Gladys unknowingly that she was admitted to the hospital the Sat before. I then made my run in Chesterbrook and Devon. I saw Mary's car outside and the old in the house but she wouldn't come down. I waited for a bit and later found out that she was actually in the shower. She was still kind of wiped out by the family issues (custody battle with her ex, parents separation, mom's Dr. appointment and surgery, and the potential loss of her job while dealing with a difficult brother). Things were so bad for her and how I wish and pray that she has a break in between. Yet, she is a strong woman and she knows where she should be and I truly think Heidi, her best friend has been a great blessing to her! I love these two women!
The time was so precise and perfectly scheduled for the following visit with Kim Birxxx. No one has success in getting into her door according to many sisters... but the Lord works in miracle! I parked my car at the entrance of her driveway and walked out with the plant and behold, she was driving back to the house from a work out. Our exchange was short since she would have to leave the house and dropped off something to her son right away. All I want from the visit was to pass the message to her that someone miss her and that she wasn't forgotten. That's all I was instructed by Heavenly Father.
I felt terrific about the adventurous day and I am at awe of how intricate and precise the Lord has everything planned and scheduled. My heart was not there at the beginning of the day because I am a workaholic! I love my job and I just wanted to stay home and work when they sent me the email of urgent needs for interpreter. I told myself that I would just leave the plant outside at the sister's house... but then a thought came to my mind - what's the point of my visit if I don't get to talk to the sisters? I was certain that I had no clue what to say but I was going to try and be done as soon as I could so that I can get back to work. My attitude was pretty bad.. see how I am laughing at myself... :)
Thinking back now, I am further convinced that worrying about the unexpected would do us no good.
1) They limit our faith -- especially as we try to gain control of the situation on our own, we fail to exercise our faith to ask the Lord for guidance.
2) Make us more anxious, worrisome and less productive - I have seen the added stress on myself and others when going through crisis. We can be nuts going in all directions.
3) We can be blinded to recognize the real purpose or learning lesson behind the scene.
I probably need to revisit this journal entry in the future since my faith is still work in progress! :D



No comments:
Post a Comment