On the flip side, I felt good that I was able to share my thoughts, worries and concerns with Jeannie besides Johnny and mom. She has grown so much in the past two years and had been able to inspire me with insights on how to deal with Evan at times. She gave me some suggestion for him -- researching on the consequences that he might be facing while breaking the law for now and in the future. Needless to say, he would be doing a lot of research this spring break! Johnny and I also thought of getting him a 1000 puzzle pieces so that he could have some alone time to sit and think things through.
I was heartbroken by Evan's choices. The other evening as I was doing the dishes.... I thought of him and why he has to constantly test the limit. I felt the presence of Grandpa Lai, and this thought came to my mind, "It's okay that he is in trouble now when he is young (with a flashback of my brother) so that he would stay away from it when he is older." I had no words in describing the feeling - but it's beyond comfortable and reassuring.
Angels are real!



No comments:
Post a Comment