Feeling blessed that I was able to come home last night to get some comfort from hubby. It's an absolutely stressful night hosting the RS dinner. If we didn't have to customize 45 orders with 26 random items, it would have been more fun for me or any of us who served both the games and in the kitchen. I didn't mind the preparation part of it, but I didn't want to get overwhelm on the day of the activity. There was not much time for the workers to associate with the other sisters let alone the time to sit down and eat. There were a few things that annoy me other than the crazy, busy process in the kitchen. I loved my committee and I didn't like how one of the leaders was being treated! It was around 8pm when we finished serving. The workers had been helping since 6:30pm and we were running late for the games. I was disgusted when the person who yelled, "Go get xxx, she needs to get her butt in here to help!" or "No! You can't eat, you need to run the game!" I don't see love, and I am disgusted with the thought that the show is more important than an individual.
I was also upset with the fact that some people were very careless or senseless of other's properties. I made it clear at the beginning that I needed my chopsticks back -- and S who made the announcement did not get the message across. I did purposely make her feel bad to be quite honest since I need her to know that people actually rely on her. So, she said she would dig out from the trash. I walked away from the scene and started doing the dishes in the kitchen. Then, the mom of (D) came in with a frown and asked me in her strict face (no smile) and in a confrontational voice, "Why do we need to keep the chopsticks? And why do we need to dig them out from the trash?" I was at rage with her senseless comment but managed to stay calm. Thank Lord! Then, I looked her in the eyes and responded, "Because I bought them and they are for my family!" She did come back a second time to apologize that whoever made the announcement didn't handle it right. I said to her, "It's alright!" Those chopsticks are cheap and didn't worth much. I was more upset of people being irresponsible, and not being able to put themselves in someone else's shoe. I am sure they would be mad too if I borrowed the utensils or anything from them and "accidentally" throw them away.
Anyway, I learned my lesson last night! Keep things simple, stay focus on what matter the most, be careful, sensible and be nice and kind to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment