Tuesday, April 5, 2016

3/21 - 4/5

Week of 3/21.... It was a relaxing spring break but time to get back to work and school.  Then, of course, my neighbor had decided to remove five trees from his lawn after the people came set up the power post.  I was being grumpy about it because the noise of the saw and the grinding machine was so loud that had prevented me from working.  I was pretty upset at that moment, but then I was able to clean up the house and attended to the things that I would never have for.  Cleaning up the filing cabinet, made a trip to the bank and put the house paperwork back into the safe box.  It was all good!

3/30  
It's our second visit to Raquxx.  Though I don't speak the language, I love these sweet sisters in my life.  They worked so hard for their goal and are willing to learn and become educated.  It's sad to say that people do treat us differently when we don't speak English.  Some of us are highly educated before we even came to the country.  Just because we speaks a different language doesn't mean we have no brains! :D  Anyway, these sisters remind me of the quote, "Life is a beautiful struggle!" Struggles may come in different forms... some will bring us up and others could bring us down.  I pray that I will always be able to convert the downhill path to an uphill road as I learned about life. 

4/1 
This is why I love my job so much as an interpreter!  I  didn't know that I was dealing with an patient with chemo at the beginning until we got further into the conversation. The patient had tons of questions for the Dr. particularly of the side effect of the medication.  His hair started to fall off and there is swelling on his face and discoloration at his hand.  The Dr. explained that could be the side effect of his treatment because his blood pressure was out of wack ever since he started chemo.  The oncologist was super nice and professional in explaining each and every single one of his questions and treated him with the utmost care!  I am so grateful for Dr. of this kind.  It was almost an hour of visit when we finished.  Towards the end of the call, the gentleman openly thanked me Dr. for being so patient with him and giving him the needed attention and advice.  Then, he turned to me and said, "Thank you so much for your patient, your interpretation is well done!"  My eyes swelled... What a sweet heart and big person he is!  He himself is the one who is going through trial, but he was able to recognize and acknowledge the goodness around him.  May I always remember his example to learn to see the good in times if difficulties! 

4/3
Wonderful conference week... we ate, we played play dough, polymer clay and listened to the conference talk.  Love the talk from Pre. Monsox, "May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong!"  And of course the conviction and love from Elder Hollanx and the general authority.  I am grateful for the sacrifices made from all church leaders!

4/3
Didn't get much sleep last night after talking to Christine.  She told me of  a product out there that is very promising and marketable.  I did a bit of research and couldn't sleep.  Johnny were skeptical about the product but somehow I am totally convinced because one of the advisory board member who also happens to be the Dr. who helped with a church member.  Think I was a little stressed out because my mind was a little scattered with the uncertainty - my current job (whether I have time to continue to interpret, my talk on 4/17 (a little overwhelmed with a two weeks deadline), my finance (coz I will be spending the money I earn towards a monthly supply), and my change of personality (worry that I would become prideful and money minded), and my ability to market the product.  I don't have much doubt in the product coz there were tons of videos out there. There is just some unknown fear I had -- probably the pressure from my family (Johnny, mom and dad).  They all worried that I am being scammed.  

I tried to stay away from the subject yesterday and just read - books that I interested and then prepared my talk.  A good quote I read last night from the Law of Medicine by Siddhartxx Mukherjxx when one of his mentor, Castle brought up a good point "It's easy make perfect decisions with perfect information.  Medicine asks you to make perfect decisions with imperfect information."  It is what it it -- Nothing in the medical science field is certain! Love the book so far.

4/4
Love that girl being so proud of herself.  Jeannie won an honorable $50 from her entrepreneurship class.  I hope it gave her a boost to her self esteem.... I mean she felt a little lost after being rejected from the ad. program and I don't think she is 100% sure what she wants to do still.  Hope all is well with her.  

I prayed for some guidance and peace, and I was given with that.  Somehow, I was able to reconcile my feelings and fear.  My thought process is like... 
1) I will still be able to use the product even if I am not selling anything (there is no loss to it). 
2) I told myself that I will keep my job as an interpreter. 
3) I would keep a portion of my income to Johnny's parents, and my parents and to charity.  
  
I came across this quote this morning from Pre. Eyrinx, "If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill. The Lord is anxious to lead us to the safety of higher ground" 

Hope this is the right opportunity for me to soar! Check in my flashes - the one I stick on my mirror. Still praying for a confirmation though.  

2 comments:

Sathya said...

Nice post. I love to read your blog. Thank you for sharing..

Laxman S said...

Interesting information and attractive.This blog is really rocking... Yes, the post is very interesting and I really like it.
We are a leading Social Media Marketing Company India. We create attractive and innovative marketing strategies and provide solutions for all your Social Media Marketing Services needs.