Sunday, February 7, 2016

1/29-2/5

1/29 (Fri)

I drove all the way almost to NJ to pick up the harp.  It was beautiful... now if I only have time to learn how to play! LOL!!!

I felt really good on my first day at work -- just realize how important my role is to help break the barrier between two parties who speak a different language.  My focus was pretty bad if the client gave me long segments.  I had enough sleep the night before, I'd be okay.  Grateful for the opportunity to serve in a different setting.

Talked to Farrinx for a few hours and it's always fun to catch up with her.  We are pretty much the same kind of people with the same personality.

1/30 (Sat)
Enjoy a lovely day with the family watching Evan played at the basketball game, and then a trip to downtown for some Vietnamese food.

1/31 (Sun)
A little frustrated at church - mainly the issue of dealing with people.  I seriously don't think we need to block a few hours on a sat for more rehearsal, and I can't really function the last minute when someone didn't show up to do their job.  What a blessing it is to have a husband with good listening ears!

Talking to Jeannie was the highlight of my day!  Johnny and her sorted out the plan for her moving, and decision for her major.  She has been cooking a lot more at home, and is trying to stay ahead of the game to finish her homework early.  Somehow, I still don't get why she needs to work on her homework on Sunday though.  Funny kid!  I truly think that she is more attentive and thoughtful about us.  She responds quickly to us when we text her.  We had a good time chatting and we tried to help her decide on what to do for her entrepreneur class!  I hope she felt loved by our genuine support -- probably too much support.  Haha

2/1 (Mon)
Busy day to pay off rent, mortgages and bills.  Read the ensign message Johnny suggested and had a thought to review of my attitude towards my calling.  The voice inside saying, "Are you going to say no if the Lord ask you to serve?"  My answer was: Of course not!  Then a re-affirming statement came through my head, "The Lord needs you there!"  May be I will struggle less after this! :D  No doubt that HE loves me! Had some really good laugh at work today.  I love this job for every call, every different and challenging!

2/2 (Tue)
Nice day to catch up and celebrate Mary's birthday.  I love the decor, the business idea and the coziness of the place.  Would have been a perfect day if she didn't get a ticket.


2/3 (Wed)
Great meeting with the RS presidency.  I feel like we are getting more united each time we meet.  Great ladies to work with.  Bless the heart of Maria -- pray that she is able to discern the motive of the "biological" father.  Johnny was in NJ for a conference when he texted me that his grandpa was in a critical condition.  While driving the kids home after the mutual activity, a few flashes came to my mind -- I saw Johnny's grandma and grandpa (young pictures of them in black and white... grandma probably in her 30s wearing a Chinese gown with a happy smile, and grandpa probably in his 30s as well, in his 4/6 partition hair style.  He was in a light grey suit, wearing a tie and white shirt.)  I had a feeling that they were reunited!

2/4 (Thur)
Thur morning, I found some poop on the main entrance floor.  Jady and I freaked out as we heard the bird flying in our house.  No one knows how long it's been with us, where and how it gets inside the house. I opened the door and tried to guide the bird outside, but then I heard a few noise at the window and saw the bird tried to crash through the window.  I finally opened up the window for the bird and when I no longer hear the noise, I thought it was gone and close the window.  But then, Jady screamed again and this time I had a up close eye contact with the bird as it was standing on top of the lamp shade.  It was not the most colorful bird, brownish, greyish color, but I had this feeling that we both understand each other -- somehow!  Then, I opened the door again and it left before I grabbed my phone to take a picture.  I so wished I had a picture taken!  This happened on the same day when grandpa was taken to the hospital by the helicopter.

Had a nice visit with Mary G.  I just don't know how much some people can take on.  Bless her heart with all the trials that she had and is having.  Why can't she get a break?  I wondered in my head...

Enrichment night went well! It was awesome to see the old and young sisters working together on the blankets.  I honestly believe that service project do the magic for this activity!!!

2/5 (Fri)
Grandpa passed away today.  Johnny was sad for a little bit and he is going to fly home for the funeral.  As I thought back, we should have called or sent grandpa a picture before he passed on so that he knows that we were thinking of him and that we love him.

Never delay the moment to act on any special prompting!

2/6 (Sat)
Evan finally enjoy the championship title in the stake Ping Pong tournament!! He was so proud of himself this round!  His team also made the 1st runner up at the stake basketball game.  The fun hasn't stopped as he and his friends went to a car show (Sister A was a super nice lady who always that them to places!), then some szechun food and a party!  These kids had so much energy!

You know how much your son loves you and remembers you when he packed the chili pepper home after dinner.  Silly kid! :D

Super busy day with all the cleaning and preparation for the Chinese New Year and the coming of Jermenixxx family for the ice cream social. We had a great time with them.  I love this sweet family and I wish all these young families be able to form a support group.  This generation as well as the youth in the church makes me worry.  I wondered what it takes to make them united.   It's so crucial to hang onto one another for support or soon we will be losing these kids to the outside world.  We can't afford to lose them!

2/7 (Sun)
Great testimony meeting!!  Who would think of the Mongolian sister who traveled to the state, not knowing the language, but wanted to learn the gospel and get baptized?  And here he is - Ab, who came back from his mission a year ago, who speaks fluent Mongolian and is ready to teach this special soul.

I constantly chase after dreams, goals, career and plans for the future.  I am power driven by desire -- but all of a sudden I realized today that these plans are very fragile because the Lord is in control of every single details in our lives!  He sees the big picture, he knows our personality, and he will give us what we want when the time is right.  It doesn't mean that we just sit there and wait for it to happen, but instead, we can leave it to the Lord and trust that he will give us the best, and the things that what we ask for at the right time and in the right place.  It's just that simple!

Love Judy's insight regarding journal writing -- she said, "Record your journal even if it's only one sentence a day -- your children will love you!"

I told you she is a very wise friend!

No comments: