Monday, February 22, 2016

2/21

2/22 (Sun)

Church was great!  I love President Dutchworxx's talk as always!  He is such an honest, down to earth leader that everyone loves.  Definitely need to spend some alone time on Sunday contemplating, nourishing the soul.  My goal is to move the visiting teachings appointment to the weekdays so that I can get some spiritual cleaning done.  Now that I start working, I see how much rest and peace I yearn for on my Sabbath.

Our presidency met with the stake YW, Primary and RS presidents after the sacrament meeting.  My mind was wondering around somewhere else at the beginning of the meeting.  I remember thinking to myself - "I seriously don't have much to offer... I don't want to be in charge of people...  I am pretty boring... so not creative, and not fun at all... why put me in that position?"  As I was talking to myself, somehow I picked up on the note from the stake for a suggestion to meet with the other auxiliary leaders together for insight and inspiration for the ward members. I can feel her love, concern and desire as Amanda Haxx bear her testimony on the subject.

I am sure the stake is aware of the division... and it's been a concern to me as well that the sisters, youth and members of our ward are struggling with unity.  Life outside the church is already so challenging, we as sisters need to stick together to stand firm in the gospel and help our kids to stay in the church.  When Amanda closed with the remark, "Live up to your covenant!" That specific moment, I received a confirmation and a change of heart - This is exactly why I need to stay.  I am needed to be here for the sisters in the ward.  My struggle were kept in minimal as soon as I had that experience.  I see myself murmur less!

After church, I came home fix lunch for the kids and then rushed out to visiting teaching. So grateful to have an awesome, spiritual companion, Gina!  She has only been in the state for three years but her English has improved so much!  She was an accountant and her husband has his own business before they moved to the state.  Life has changed a lot for the family -- less desirable for the parents (working two, three jobs to meet ends need) and yet probably the best living for the children.  I don't know if I have the courage to do what they do.  Bless the hearts to those who struggle.

Visiting Michelle (Met Jacob, the kid who struggled with drugs, has the sweetest temperament.  I hope he will seek help and turnaround.) and Raquel was a delight... came home around 4:45... asked Evan to catch a ride to get to the Bishop's house for BYCBYxx.  I did the dishes in between and no soon after I left to the presidency meeting.

No comments: