Tuesday, June 9, 2009

17th Anniversary

Johnny stayed home yesterday to celebrate our 17th anniversay. We went out to lunch at a Japanese restaurant for some sashimi. It's make to order but all you can eat type of buffet. The sashimi were delicious, but I have a hard time with the cost. $27+ per person for a lunch (tax and tips not included), but Johnny insisted that we should have something good on our anniversary. He loves food more than I do obviously!
Anyway, when the kids come home, they were all excited and asked which restaurant we would be eating at. Jeannie was a little disappointed when she found out that we had our celebration already. She said, "I thought we were to celebrate together!" "Well, but it's our anniversary, between your mom and I". I heard Johnny responded. We always celebrate holidays and birthdays with the kids except our anniversary.

This is the reason why my husband thinks I spoil the kids... I fixed the kids some store bought dumplings and buns, and let them celebrate with us again. :)

It was scary to me that there is no vegetables at all in the meal.... So, I asked them to save room for a "yummy" papaya drink with aloe vera juice after dinner. My family hates my healthy drinks! Oh well, they deserve the BEST!!! Haha!!!

5 comments:

Fish said...

congrats! 17 years is long and good that you two are still like love birds. btw, po hates my healthy stuff too :-)

The Austin's said...

WOW 17 years!!!! Congratulations that is so great. What a fun lunch with just the two of you. Miss you!

Happy, happy & happy said...

Congrats too!! Stephen and I are going to our 17th anni. later in July as well!!

PL said...

Fish, thanks... you just haven't see johnny and i argue!!! what kind of healthy stuff you offer to po, anyway??? :)

Sarah, thanks! i think 17 years is not that bad hah!!! are you coming to the east coast any time soon? miss your family too! :)

Mandy, thanks!!! i didn't know that you and Stephen has been married for 17 years???? you guys got to go celebrate... haha probably with the little baby! he is just sooooooo adorable!!!

Happy, happy & happy said...

we aren't married for that long, but we have been together for such a long time!