My conversation with Jeannie in the car ride home last Sunday.
Jeannie: Mom, who would be conducting over the YW while I am gone to the EFY (Especially For Youth Program)?
Me: It's normally oldest Laurel, probably Maria if she is there on Sunday. If Maria is not there, then your counselor would be in charged.
Jeannie: Well, I just feel bad when I am not there!
Me: That's okay! You will only be gone for a week!
Jeannie: I feel sorry because the girls are under my wings, and I felt like I haven't done much!
Me: (Wow, I didn't realize my child had that much love for the YWs as well... I was thrilled to hear about her comment, that shows how much she cares about the girls!)
Me: Well, you're being silly! You've done a wonderful job including Jenna (a new beehive), and her sister, Ashley (Mia Maid) into the group, and you've been calling on the girls to the activities without me asking... and include everyone in conversation! You're fantastic!!!
Jeannie: I know, but I need to watch out for my YW!
I still think my child has been hard on herself. I had no idea where this came from. As far as I seen, she has been a wonderful sprit to all these YW. In the past, I had to remind her of her duty to call on the girls of the upcoming activities, but things has changed ever since this year. Jeannie has been on top of things and did a really good job inviting all the girls to Wed. mutual according to Amy G. I've seen my girl participating more often in class, including everyone in the group, trying to fulfill her calling by attending BYC (Bishop Youth Council), and reaching out to the inactive ones. She simply did not realize how much she has done!
My prayer has been answered. I knew my child has come to realize that she can lead with love and gentle guidance. It's much easier to serve people when we love them from within, and I am just thankful that she has grown to love and serve her fellow memebers. I hope she will continue to shine and try her very best to be a true disciple of Christ. Mom loves you, sweetheart!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Jeannie is doing an amazing job with the YW and especially the mia maids! You've got a wonderful daughter Pauline, I'm sure she learned it from your example.
You're so sweet to say that, Amy! Jeannie did not learn less from you either. I am just glad that she has you as a mentor! I no longer have to push her with her calling since you took over her group! That was such a big relief! :)
Post a Comment