My friend, Angela G.'s mom had a brain surgery last week for the removal of a brain tumor. Because for the many delicate parts of the brain, the surgery took about 16-20 hours, and that 6-8 specialists attended the surgery at different times as it proceeded.
It's been a painful experience for Angela because her mom was in a coma for four days after the surgery. Bless her heart, those four days must be a torture. Upon waking up from the surgery, the mom found out that part of her eye sight, the control of her body, and short-term memory were lost. The Dr. are monitoring closely to see if these are permanent damange. In the meanwhile, Anagle's mom will have to learn the necessary skills before heading home. Angela was grateful that her mom is still alive, and her plan is to bring her mom home once she got discharged from the rehabilitation center.
No one knows what life would bring us except the Lord. We come with nothing and leave with nothing. It's just the way it is. The only thing we can take with us is our memories and skills we learned from this life. Memories of how we treat one and other, and whether we've been able to build strong relationships with our family, friends and those whom we associated with.
As I thought of Angela's mom... I thought about what I can leave to my children as I pass on?
For some reason, Evan has been asking me for a family recipe book, so I am taking this as my summer project, and hopefully combining with all my parents recipes also. This will be a perfect gift for my children. Jeannie was asking if we can autograph hers when we are done with the book. What a silly girl! :)
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment