Then we came home, had lunch, did laundry, and I was crazy enough to pick up yet another project before our date (Johnny and I went out to dinner that evening), staining the love seat. The couch and the love seat were given to us by the Smiths, a family from Lewisville, TX ward when we first moved to Dallas. Since I loved the details of the frame and the oriental look of the set, I decided to refinish them instead of buying another set.
Thanks to the internet. I was able to get good tips before the start of the project. I spent about one and a half hour on the first day in sanding, cleaning and staining. Then, waited overnight, about 8-9 hours before putting the second coat. It looks exactly what I want!!! :)
Tips: Use a rag for staining instead of a brush can produce a better, more even look on the furniture!
Since Johnny is in New York, I did the same thing with the coffee table... hahaha... he gets surprise (if not heart attack) from me everytime he is gone! :) Will need to work on the couch next Sat.



4 comments:
hey pauline, you did a good job. looks very nice and new. johnny should be proud of your fine work
haha... Thanks Jeanette... it's a little early to say that I did a good job. I make a boo boo yesterday on the coffee table and am trying to clean up the mess, so Johnny hasn't had a chance to check on the table yet... but I found something fun to do next... the floor... i think i have ADHD! :)
floor??? are you sure? oh i tell you. i vowed to myself that i will not do any renovation on my own anymore. it was sooooooooooo painful. i guess it's because our project was too big that scared me off.
You know what, Jeanette? I don't want to do it either, but being at home 24hrs and seeing how badly done the floor was, I feel like I would take whatever it needs to redo it. We've paid a church member over $5000 for painting four bedrooms, installing lights and refininshing the floor. We left the keys to the people before our leaving to visit Nip, came home and was terribly upset with the floor. But nothing can be done since they put everything in place and I don't want any more dust in the house since Jady was too little at that time and we don't want to be stuck in the basement again. Anyway, I did look into the web and know what I can do to get the job done right. I am not doing it right away, just wait until my dad come over this summer. I have tons of projects in mind that I want to do with him since he is an active old man! :)
Post a Comment