
I love powdered sugar donut. I know they are very fattening yet so moist and yummy that I had to grab a box while at the store yesterday. It's been about three months since the last time I had them. As I said they are so delicious that I would eat two or more than a few each time.... like last night right before bed. Yeap, it's a terrible habit, but I just couldn't resist their "COME & EAT ME" look! :)

Then, I woke up this morning feeling stuffed and tried to figure out what I've ate the night before. Ah, it's the donut! So, I took a quick look at the nutritional label at the back of the box. My goodnesss! Three mini donuts would put 200 calories on me, no wonder I was stuffed. And I hate to mention these are mini ones, they are about 1/3 the size of my hand. That leads me to another question... how could these little donuts filled up my hugry kids or other people's children in the morning? They simply don't! My bet is that most kids except children under two would still be hungry after emptying half of the box.

I sent the message to Jeannie right away and she limited her intake of three this morning. :) Good job, girl! I also put a restriction on Evan and Jady. Evan has a limit of three, but Jady could only get one per day. It's almost impossible to stay away from junk food since they make us feel good. And I won't go to the extreme because I, myself am weak; and am afriad od my children going to a different direction - craved and stuffed themselves when the junks are available. It's more effective to help my kids to choose (hopefully the right one) when facts were presented. :) Eat in moderation, sparingly and wisely is the key and it works for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment