Monday, January 26, 2009

Tradition!



Jeannie: So mom, now that we are done cleaning... we should go shopping!
Me: Why?
Jeannie: Cause we need new clothes... Remember what you said about the Chinese New Year? E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G has to be new?
Me: Hmm.... good memory, girl! But, we just got you a few sweaters last month! :)
Jeannie: Yeah, but... they are not new anymore, and you mentioned of going clothes shopping with grandma EVERY NEW YEAR! (I finally realized she was playing jokes on me when I saw her giggling.)
Me: (Knowing my teen would hide new clothes in the closet for the Spring.) I suggested, "Why don't you check into your closet and look for all the new clothing items and put them on?"
Jeannie: Hahahaa.... that's different!!!
We were both laughing.
**May be I should move some of our Christmas budget to the Chinese New Year... :)

No comments: