It's been a great week. Being visited by my visiting teachers, and went visit the sisters in my route. Jady had a few half days. I felt the need to visit Miriam on Friday and it's definitely inspired coz she just rented out her shop to another person and she also needs to move out from her apartment by the end of March. I seriously don't know how much this friend has to struggle, but for sure that I am ready to help!
This is one of the incident that why we need to adhere to the promptings and act on it. If I have not response to the promptings to visit her that afternoon I would have lost all her contact! One of my favorite talk from the President Hinckley was on "Forget Yourself and Serve"! He said, "By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. For many years there was a sign on the wall of a shoe repair shop I patronized. It read, "I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose ourselves in the service of others."
This is one of the incident that why we need to adhere to the promptings and act on it. If I have not response to the promptings to visit her that afternoon I would have lost all her contact! One of my favorite talk from the President Hinckley was on "Forget Yourself and Serve"! He said, "By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. For many years there was a sign on the wall of a shoe repair shop I patronized. It read, "I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose ourselves in the service of others."
I am just grateful for his insightful message because serving others do bring us joy, gratitude, and an understanding heart. It brings us comfort and peace to fix our own problematic lives. I am a total believer of his words and teachings!!!
Jady had half days from Wed to Friday, and we went to badminton as a family on Friday. Had a date with her eating corndog and shamrock shake! It was a great evening!
Dad called this morning and was concerned about mom's medical report. He got the reports from the Dr. but haven't had a chance to talk to the Dr yet. The Dr. supposed to meet with them last Friday but had an emergency surgery. So, dad has been waiting for him to call back. The medical terms were really difficult to understand and I have a difficult time understanding the interpretation of their findings. So, I sent it to Yo for help; but based on what I read... mom's lung looks find and the problem seemed to be in her right kidney and suggestions was made for more testing. Since dad will have surgery on his eyelid, he worried that mom might left without help in case she has an emergency surgery. I doubt it will happen on those dates since public hospital is not that efficient. I am fasting today and tomorrow for mom's health and dad's surgery. It makes me sad that I am not there to help but I am glad that I get to go home and see her this summer. I am starting to think that we should prepare to go home and take care of our elderly parents.
Today, we took the kids to the Philly temple site.... the experience took me to another confirmation that the Lord is mindful about his children. As we got there, we saw two members from NJ, the elders missionary and an investigator standing outside the trailer waiting. Johnny and I had no idea that we supposed to schedule the appointment ahead of time if we need to go inside the trailer for information about the temple. Luckily since the elders already had the appointment, we just went and joined them.
Sister Carr is the missionary there with her husband (Brother Carr is the project manager there so he is not currently serving as a missionary but act almost like one there)! They talked to us about the temple site and shared with us a video made by the church on temple. The video is about the purpose of the temple, why it is important to us, and what we do in there. As I was watching it, I felt very strong that I needed to share this with my dad. I thought to myself that it will be great if they have it in Chinese and I even thought if they don't have it in Chinese, I would be more than thrill to translate it for them.
So after the movie, I asked Brother Carr if there is a Chinese version. And his lights just went on..... because a few months ago, there was a Chinese investigator who got baptized and her missionaries wanted to show this temple video to her; so Brother Carr asked a few friends who know Chinese to do the translation and caption! Brother and Sister Carr even gave me the scripts of the video. I came home and I noticed that the Chinese church website doesn't have this video in caption yet and I am so ready to share it this great video with all my fellow Chinese members in who can read and speak Chinese!!



No comments:
Post a Comment