I was trying to outsmart our Sunday schedule since we have our church meetings between 11:30am to 2:00pm. Our family like this new schedule because we are able to sleep in except Johnny, who is the executive secretary to the Bishop. He still has to be at the chaple two hours early.
Because of the awkward timing, we've not been able to figure out our lunch/dinner plan. So, the Saturday before last Sunday, I had my meal plan ready and set for the next day. My plan was to come home and fix dinner right away so that the kids were not fed with junks, and we can have something light and healthy, like fruits, treats or snacks around 7:30pm. Then the kids can go to bed by 9:30pm.
How did it turn out? Hah...
We did had dinner at 3:30pm, then we took a nap... a really long nap until 7:00pm. When Johnny and I woke up, the kids were hungry again!!! Did I mentioned about treats? I went to the kitchen, rolled up my sleeves and make Mochi! :) It took me another half an hour to do it. Not bad for a first timer. But, my crew was still not full after some 10-15 plus of Mochi. So, they grabbed a bag of chips and gobbled down until it's completely gone. I laughed at myself... what's my original intention again? Will have think about Plan B now. :D
Because of the awkward timing, we've not been able to figure out our lunch/dinner plan. So, the Saturday before last Sunday, I had my meal plan ready and set for the next day. My plan was to come home and fix dinner right away so that the kids were not fed with junks, and we can have something light and healthy, like fruits, treats or snacks around 7:30pm. Then the kids can go to bed by 9:30pm.
How did it turn out? Hah...



3 comments:
don't forget that kids are eating machines. i still remember my mom used to count how many chicken wings i ate when i was young.
oh she also intentionally made me and my sisters eat buns first when we went to dim sum. why? buns together with water will stuff your stomach so you have less room for other dim sum. smart huh?
haha... remember the chinese saying of kids are "disposal machine"? they can be hungry any time of the day. good that our kids are a little further apart so that i don't have to three hungry teenagers to feed. :)
Post a Comment