4/28 - 4/29
Came across a quote from President Josepx Fieldinx Smith the other day as I was reading the RS assignment when he was a bishop, "Remember, everyone has weaknesses, and there are at least two sides to every story. If you err in judgment, be sure you err on the side of love and mercy."
I just love how much wisdom the prophet has!!! For the very first time, I truly felt I probably had judged my friend wrong. Though I had apologized to Pinx before I still want to make sure that she is okay being friends with me. We will probably never be the kind of friends that we used to, but just friends. I wasn't really expecting her to response but to my surprise she responded to me twice and even sent me a video about mothers. I can't tell how much joy I had as I received her emails and reading her whereabouts. This is the moment that I finally feel being forgiven and that we could move on. I remember saying my prayer to the Lord for healing the wounds on her and I. I even told Johnny that I feel like I can die now because I am at peace with everyone.
Yes. May I never forget this important life lesson, "If you err in judgment, be sure you err on the side of love and mercy."
Super busy and annoyed typing up all the info. for the new vt routes and working on the ward website. I caught myself falling asleep a few times working on the records. It's super time consuming and not necessary in my point of view since the information can be printed by the clerks. I also hope someone will be call to monitor the ward website or else I will be overwhelmed by the emails from ward members who like to post stuff. I could not imagine myself sitting in front of the computer uploading every single pictures of furniture!
Had a good walk with Judy as we discussed on leadership position at church... She said something that sticks in my mind, "Being leaders at the church can be very lonely." It's hard to please everyone and not everyone is ready to help and serve... and some confidential matters can not be shared.... I felt prompted to support my RS president no matter how frustrated I was.
4/30
Busy day... Bro. Urbinx came help fix my car but to find out that the parts were for 2WD after working in the garage for 4 hours. I felt so terrible since that's the only day off he has for the family and he didn't get the needed rest or picked up his wife after work. We agreed to pay him for the amount that the shop will charge us (probably a little more since he would be spending more time on fixing the problem) even though it's not our fault to order the wrong parts.
It was raining so bad that church even got cancelled. I still had to go because I had an appointment with the Elder to train me how to monitor the ward website, and I have promised to send them pizza. We also had a RS presidency meeting with a few unexpected needs -- someone need help cleaning before inspection, and then organizing a funeral.
5/1 (Thur)
Super busy... leading the discussion at scripture study on priesthood. I think the Lord do prepare people to speak as they prayed for the spirit. I literally only had an hour to prepare the lesson because I have been spending tons on time typing the vt route and get familiarize with the ward website. I couldn't even went back to bed after I dropped off Evan.... started cooking for Tammy's family, then the Lori O. Danny was out of town and Tammy needed to dress up the sister at the funeral home. She already went to help the other sister cleaned up the night before so I really feel like doing something for her.
The discussion went well -- to my benefit as always. It went well with the reading that I am currently studying the book "Heritage". I could feel the spirit testified to me Josepx Smith was guided and baptized by the instruction of John the Baptist. I could feel very strong that he did in fact receive revelation of the church after being confirmed. I am grateful for his sacrifice and faith to restore the gospel. Only through the power of the priesthood ordinances we were able to enjoy all the blessings of eternity. The righteous priesthood holder not only able to uplift others but also comfort and bless the sinner, the sick and the afflicted! How cool is that?
Went to Mia to make hair bow, then off to deliver meal to Lori O... took me an hour to get there since their address won't show up on the GPS. Got home and have Evan called on the Jensens because their mom was out of town... so, I have Evan and Johnny deliver a meal to them.
Johnny was asked to be promoted but he wanted to think about it since he doesn't like the traveling schedule just like his boss. He and his boss will talk.
5/2 (Fri)
A good morning rest!!! Then went to see Michelle G. helped her sweep and vacuum her apartment, then took her out to chinese buffet. We had a great time. She left her phone and bottom teeth at the stall in the bathroom.... that's just too funny. I am going to shop for a waist bag for her. :)
5/3 (Sat)
Went and played piano for the funeral at 10:30am and helped with part of the clean up. I stayed until 2:00 but the other sisters stayed until the family was gone. I finally knew who this sister was at the viewing. She is a sweet, African American sister that not that many people knew about because of her chronic illness. But, I remember getting a phone call at home that she wanted Johnny to schedule an appointment with Pre. Coxxx for the renewal of her temple recommend a few weeks before her passing. I just am impressed with the faith she has for the gospel and our church. While at the service, I wondered what kind of eulogy my friends and family would give me when I die. What I want people to remember determines how I live my life now!
After the funeral, we took Evan and Jady to Goodwilx to pick up some pioneers clothing. I think we are good for now! Came home and went to the Greens for an authentic French dinner with Howarx and Grimshax. The food was soooooo good and we all had a great time chatting with each other.
5/4 (Sun)
We had the new route distributed and of course some sisters complained about the distance of their route and some were just upset with the new assignment. Again, we can't please everyone. Judy and Abby gave really good talks on the assignment was inspired that that to her it's ease her concerns of why we are to teach these sisters that we don't know or hate. Abby also reinforced the idea that the compassionate service call system was an inspired program and it provide us a way to remember our baptismal covenant -- to help and uplift one another. If we all contribute even an hour or two a week, some of these sisters in the ward will never not be burned by the needy family they visited. Charity never failed!
Monday, May 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment