Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Love Through Service

It was really nice to spend some time helping Michelle cleaning her apartment yesterday.  I thought about the many reasons why she is not comfortable coming to church other than being sick and in pain.  I love her dearly and I want her to understand the gospel and feel Christ's love for her, but I don't know how to approach this given with her situation.

I have many thoughts in the past as to how to reactivate her.  I think the Lord knows my desire, and through a phone conversation, I found out that she have a tough time cleaning her tub and sweeping the floor.  She is able to clean her kitchen and the rest of her house.  So, I volunteered to help!  As I finished the cleaning yesterday, Michelle and I had a really good talk.

I don't know where in the world I have this love for her.... but I do!  As I was there yesterday; I can literally feel that she is a special daughter of God.  We talked about how life should be (to be happy), we talked about her job before she became disable.  We talked about her family and health.  It was all good.  She is so loved but she might not know.  When I drove home yesterday, a few things came to my mind.

1) I thank the Lord for giving me the time and good health to serve.
2) I want to visit her every other week to help her clean or cook or just to hang out.
3) The most important  -- to share message with her about God's love for her and that she can rely on Him in any circumstances.
4)  I need to spiritually prepared myself so that I can share the message with her.

I am so glad that I wasn't born in the church because being a convert brings me a perspective on the challenges that a convert would face.  I know the Lord will help me with this endeavor!


No comments: