Monday, August 8, 2011

Aug 1 - Aug 6

Relaxing week....

The kids are done with their camps and we had enjoyed their moments at home.  Jeannie had finished her 3 days peer mediation training and is gradually recovering from her sickness (induced by all the sleepless nights while at camps and youth conference).  Took Jeannie out to practice her driving three times this week and I was terrified!  My heart raced as she stopped too close to the car in front, and when she went around cars and people without checking into the cars from the opposite direction.... I thought we were going to have a head collision.

Evan has been great camper this week.  He went swimming twice at our neighbors pool, went fishing with the scouts and did quite a bit of reading...  :)  It's about time to finish his summer reading before school starts!

Jady did not do much and she slept past 10:30am every day!  :D  She's been fun and was trying to help me take off the leaves from the rosemary plant.

I spent a lot of time making bags from my scrap fabric.... well I put mine favorite bag pack in bleach and that's  why I ended up making all sorts of bags.  Harvest all my basil and herbs and spent many, many hours processing and storing them for winter use.

Johnny's work is kind of slow for the summer and he had spent a lot of time with the kids... we went out to Minadxx last Friday afternoon and he and Evan went to play badminton afterwards.

Still have a list of things I would like to do before the summer is over:

1) Declutter..... go around the house and starts with a small area everyday!
2) Paint the trims and closet doors at the kids' bedrooms.... and of course the walls (might have to wait until school starts since the kids don't like me painting their rooms)
3) Call the dentist, Jeannie's Dr. visit, oil change appointment
4) Finish the painting projects for the small glasses
5) Process album books.... at least get done with the trip to Miami!
more.. more... more....projects....

No comments: