The guys came in on Monday to line up all the pipe works and vents throughout the house. The digging started on Wed. and Thursday. Four tons of loops were put in our backyard... so no pool in the future!
The guys did the pipe works were excellent!!! They were Vietnamese, hard working people. They came here on time, and cleaned up so well. There wasn't much dust to clean up after putting some 30+ vents in the whole house. All vents were spaced out and installed onto the ceiling in each room. I am 120% satisfied with their job! We instantly feel the warm in all three floors after it's been installed. It will be a test in the winter though! Will be excited to see how much we can save for the month...
As for the digging... they are ok! We had a problem Sat. night and find out that the main drained was clogged. I started the washer while in the laundry room when Jady had an accident. It was actually a blessing that she had an accident because I was cleaning her up in the utility sink, but to find out the pipes, as well as the toilet attached to the laundry room were clogged. I went and tried to plunge the drain, but nothing seemed to work. So, I called the home warranty company and wasn't able to get any help from any one at all... For one, they don't have "guaranteed" emergency service, and second, both the companies on their list were lined up with jobs and not available until Monday. I was terribly desperate!!!
So, we started calling our neighbor and tried to get a referral from him. The plumber was excellent and came over right away. What he and Johnny found out was that the worker who put in the loops had dugged up our sewage line. What???? That's my first reaction!!! Haven't they checked with the city of all the lay outs (pipes and cables) before the digging? I was totally overwhelmed with the cleaning already, and now I had to think about the bathroom issue for the next two days??? I left the room and had Johnny took care of that. Thank goodness, the workers came within an hour and dug a big hole (that able to hold 1000 gallon) for us so that we can do our usual cleaning and stuff.
All I can say in this whole situation is to count our blessings!!! Had Jady not had an accident, the washer would be pouring 40 gallons of water in a minute and our whole basement would be flooded. That would be a total disaster!!! I can only be thankful that we were watched over!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment