Monday, October 5, 2009

General Conference

It was the 179th Seminannual General Conference on Sat (10/3) and Sun (10/4). There were so many good talks by church leaders, but the one that stays in my mind the most was from President Monson titled, "What have I done for someone today??"

We often forgot about others when we are busy or so focus on ourselves, and that's not how life should be. There is nothing we will bring with us when we pass on, but only good works and deeds. I just love our prophet, President Monson. I had a book of him full of stories about his work and ministry, and the people who he associated with or make a difference in life. It's just amazing to me how the Lord had prepared a man to be his servant since their early age.

Here is his talk: http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-27,00.html

There is also a website of all the talks on both days. I would like to figure out how to attached the video on my blog, but for now they are available online.

http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1117,00.html

1 comment:

The Austin's said...

That was the one talk that really stood out for me and my boys to. I loved it. I miss you. I hope you all are doing good. I love your new family photo. I can't believe how big everyone is getting. I hope all is well.