Our day started pretty smooth this morning until lunch time....
As I was about to leave home, I remembered that the Joseph family is coming over for dinner tonight; so I reached to the freezer and grabbed a few packages of chicken drumsticks to thaw. The freezer was fully packed with frozen meat as I opened because we just had the food delivered to us a few weeks ago. After I took the chicken out from the freezer, a frozen water bottle (which Evan put in the freezer for his basketball game) rolled over and dropped on the floor. So, I attempted to pick it up but then a chuck of frozen packaged meat fell off and landed on the back of my head.
I was in pain and screamed for help. I cried and the kids ran and got me a few ice pack. I was a little dizzy, but thank goodness no throwing up! I couldn't figure out where the pain came from until I switched to a different ice pack. Evan saw the blood on the ice pack and he told me that I was bleeding. Now, I was panic!!! I thought to myself.... no... I don't want stitches.... no.... I don't need any drama before my trip to HK.... no emergency room visit! I don't know when, but Johnny came downstairs with a towel. He told me to let go of my hands and let him take a look at the cut. Thank goodness, the cut was not too big, but I still felt bump on top of it. I was in pain for a good 15 mins. then, somehow Jeannie suggested that I should take a pain medicine to prevent the inflammation and swelling. I did as instructed. Evan also suggested that I should get a blessing. So, Johnny called on our home teacher, Bro. Reyxxx, who was at that time painting his house, to come over and give me a blessing.
After Bro. Reyxxx left, I rested for a little and waited for the pain to subside. Since I won't be seeing the kids for the next two weeks, I insisted that we should still go out and eat as a family. While we were at the restaurant, I couldn't help but to be thankful that it actually happens to me. My thought was that it might happen to any of my kids next week while I am gone. But now they learned to be more cautious and careful as they get the food out from the freezer. I am also grateful for Johnny and Bro. Reyxxx's blessing on me. I know I will be healed.... well even though I am still a little sore on my head, at least it's definitely better than this morning. :)
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment