It was bedtime, and I was tired. The situation got worst when my strong willed, sleep deprived, two-year-old started whinning.
Jady did not take a nap this afternoon because her brother had tennis lesson right after school. She kind of fell asleep in the van on the way home, but we had to go again since Jeannie had YW activity and the kids need to be fed before we headed out. Jady was tired and unhappy so I was holding her the whole time while we were at the church. (Johnny didn't come home until late that evening.)
By the time we got home, I hurried and changed her into her pj; but this kid kept whinning for a different outfit. Being up since 5ish in the morning... I totally had it.
My voice must be loud and unpleasant as I heard my little one said in her soft, gentle voice, "Mama, be nice". I was so embarrassed, and couldn't help but laugh by her truthful comment. It was such a humbling experience to remind myself to be more patient around my children.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
haha, i think this is something that we have to carry out throughout our life, "be nice".
I know... :)
Post a Comment