Trip to UT was adventurous! Johnny couldn't find his DL as we were at the airport. We waited for Christine Reyxx to get his passport to the airport but she got stuck in traffic and didn't arrive until Johnny tried to get the exception from the airline security. I so wanted to cry... that was the last thing I was expected and I so not wanted to go on the trip by myself with the kids. Anyway, the people let Johnny went on the plane with his Costco ID and his personal check. We got there safely and thanks to sweet Dodie who allow us to stay in her master bedroom for the whole duration of time even thought her son wasn't home.
We went to the live temple session on Thur it was really neat. Did I even mention that I forgot about my temple recommend. Boy, it was insane! I called the bishop and thank goodness that he was working from home that day when the temple worker called him to verify! :) We were saved twice in just two weeks! I am just impressed that the workers were able to memorize all the script. It's not an easy task!! Then, we went out to a sushi dinner with Jeannie. It was so awesome to see my girl! Love her and miss her so, so much! The next day, I went to have lunch with Hal, who I haven't seen for 20+ years I believe. His companion baptized me when I was 17. Thank goodness that he was doing well despite of the divorce. We didn't get seated and served until 1:00pm so Johnny wasn't able to pick me up. Hal offered to drive me back to campus. Super nice of him! Don't know why, but I had a weird feeling that I've known him for a long, long time although I seriously don't know much about him. After picking up up Jady at badminton, we walked on campus and waited for Jeannie and was introduced with Sister Anderson, Jeannie's companion. She looked so shy! :) Then we went to Jerry's house for dinner with the Chans. It was so fun to see everyone after we all left from BYUH. It's been way too long and I truly learned to love FB for giving us an opportunity to find and reconnect with people. Everyone is doing well and the kids are so grown up now! After dinner, we took Christian to the house, Evan was really happy hang out with his "brother". We were glad that he was able to join us for a day. The next morning, we had lunch with Jeannie's roommate. She is so blessed to have such a wonderful roommate! So sweet! And the boys headed out to the preisthood session while I stayed home with Jady making dumplings and preparing food for the next night. When the boys came home, Jeannie and Johnny had a fight before we went for ice cream. Johnny wanted Jeannie to stay over night so that we could head out together to the afternoon General conf. session but Jeannie insisted on staying at the apartment. Johnny was upset that Jeannie didn't really put the family first. Well, I felt like she tried as much as she could. Anyway... long story short. We made it to the conference session, but I think I was in such a rush in the past couple of days that I kind of lost my spirit. We went back to Dodie's and fixed dinner for Jeannie's roommate... what a nice group of girls!!!! So glad that my daughter well being taking care of.



No comments:
Post a Comment