A couple weeks ago, I found out that dad wasn't feeling well when I thought he was fine all these time. I hate that when mom didn't tell me when he is is sick. I wouldn't find out if I didn't call. Yesterday, when I called them, dad told me that mom went to the Yan On hospital and got a shot because she's been having a really bad headache. I talked to her several times on the phone, but I just can't stop worrying about her. I was really upset last night as I found out that she went to play mahjong with her friends when she is supposed to take some rest. She is leaving for a tour to China today with dad, and it's not making me worry less! I hope they have a good time and nothing happen.
Yeah, Jeannie was called to serve as a compassionate service leader! I am so glad that she got to help and be part of others life. The Bishop must be truly inspired since Jeannie is girl with a good heart. I need to send her some note cards! :D
Last weekend was great. We drove to Christine M's house in VA. We went to the temple on Sat., and spent another night with them so that I can learn some Chinese, Vietnamese dishes. The trip to the temple was inspirational -- I was praying for some guidance on Jeannie, mom and myself.... the word "prioritize" keeps echoing in my head.... not once, but many, many, many, many times. Looks like I need put my list in order before figuring out my next step.
The week before was fun.... Thanks so Sister Wright for asking me to be her accompanist. It really is quite an experience, and I have the privilege to be asked to join the club - I think the average age of these ladies are 70. I am not kidding, but I love old people. Here is my except from fb:
An old lady approached me after we were done with the performance, and through our conversation I found out that she is in fact 92-year-old. She invited me to join her club, and I thought for a moment because I wondered if I have time to practice. She probably see me puzzled, and made a comment that has been sticking in my mind: "Music is great, isn't it? You just want to play until you can't play
anymore!" Even though she doesn't play anymore, she keeps on coming,
participating and supporting her friends every month. I am impressed
with her attitude and her love and passion in music. Her remarks was
insightful; not only in music, but in every aspects of life - we just
have to be the best "player" we can be in everything that we do, and
"play" until the day we died.
Live strong, waste not, for each day itself is a blessing.
Pauline
Live strong, waste not, for each day itself is a blessing.
Pauline



No comments:
Post a Comment