The company and I had exhausted all possibilities with numerous phone calls and emails back and forth to the different local phone companies and the various dept. for an analog line, and the answer was NO. Apparently, my home line is made with fiber optic, and we have a digital system in our house which works against the company policy. I've asked for a brand new analog line but was told that the old copper line system has been removed. My emotions were going up and down every time I called the phone company or when I waited for the replies from the manager and the tech guy.
FarrinX called me one night of the good news of being hired. I was very happy for her, but really jealous when she told me that she was able to get a brand new analog line at her house with her existing digital system. What??? This must be a joke!!! How fair is this to me??? She is referred by me and is now working for the company but I don't??? FarrinX thought I wasn't care about the job until she found out how prepared I was as I emailed her all the forms and court glossaries I downloaded online in preparation for my new job. She even called the phone company for me and needless to say she got a big NO from them also.
FarrinX called me one night of the good news of being hired. I was very happy for her, but really jealous when she told me that she was able to get a brand new analog line at her house with her existing digital system. What??? This must be a joke!!! How fair is this to me??? She is referred by me and is now working for the company but I don't??? FarrinX thought I wasn't care about the job until she found out how prepared I was as I emailed her all the forms and court glossaries I downloaded online in preparation for my new job. She even called the phone company for me and needless to say she got a big NO from them also.
My dream was totally shattered as I got the email from my the operation assistant on 1/25 when she told me that my phone line does not meet the company requirement -- "I am sorry that it did not work out for you this time around. Please note that the door will remain open should you wish to return to XXX"...
I was really down for awhile but I am glad to have a peaceful closure between the company and I. I love the company, the nature of the job, the people, the working schedule and most importantly be able to help people everyday with every call...
The most important lesson that I learn from this experience are:
1) Learn to accept the fact - especially when things cannot be in control by me.
2) Always try my best until my last breath!
3) Learn to be detached from the situation quickly and to move on.
On a different note... I got a call from a broadcasting company TXB - usa to be a freelance promotional team member.... just waiting for them to call me back for the a sales training position. Really am looking forward to this job as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment