Monday, July 18, 2011

Life Without My Kids

It's a little tough to not think of the kids when they are not around.  Evan left to the scout camp last Sat. and Jeannie left to Utah Sunday morning.  Because Johnny needs to give a talk in the other ward, I went to church with Jady.  Yeah, first time ever.  I felt a little odd without the kids; and to be very honest, I don't like that feeling at all.  

I found myself wondering what they are doing throughout the day, and I hope that they are having fun.  Since my kids love my cooking, so I attempted to make "cheung fan" last night.  They turned out ok, but I would like to make a few other dim sum when they are home by the end of the week.  Wonder why Jeannie still hasn't called back...

I love the talk from Lizzy and Donna last Sunday on love and service:  

1) "Thy shall love thy neighbors as thyself."  We cannot develop the compassion to love others if we don't see the Christlike love from us within.

2)  Love is the essence of life, and TIME spells Love.  Donna quote from President Uchtdorf, "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time. Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."  So, make time for the family should be our first priority.  

3)  Love unconditionally as Christ does.  (I found myself getting upset with the kids when they did something wrong, but I also forget how the Lord forgives me when I was bad - so love unconditionally in all circumstances)      
 

    

No comments: