Saturday, March 26, 2011

Road to Maturiy

I often wonder if Jeannie is mature enough to go to college, or should I ask myself if I've taught her enough to live on her own?  We had quite an adventure this morning and my daughter has proven to me that she is capable of being an adult.

My car went out of battery this morning as a result of Jady left the door open from last night.  I was a little hesitated to drive Johnny's car because I am not used to his settings, but I have no choice... Jeannie needs to go to seminary and I need to pick up Migal on our way there.  Test driving is not fun, especially when it's still dark at 6:00 in the morning and in combination with my cold and headache.  I probably drive his car twice since he bought it and I still don't remember where the button is for the garage door.

Jeannie handed me her dad's car key when I gave up on starting my car.  I worried about stretching his car as I backed out from our tight garage.  I panicked when it locked all the doors automatically after it starts, and I freaked out not knowing where the remote control is for closing the garage door!  Thank goodness that Jeannie was there with me.  She was so calm during all these... she gently pushed the remote button below the rear mirror, she checked on the button to unlock the car when I murmured, and she told me to drive home safely as she walked out the car.  Who's the adult here?

I was reassured by her behavior, and I think I should let go and stop worrying much about my child!

No comments: