Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan

My heart goes out to the Japanese people and their country. May the Lord remove their pain, and give them comfort, peace, hope and strength in the rescuing and rebuilding effort.

I've been following the news in Japan since day one, and it's hard to imagine Japan, one of strongest nations in the world would suffer such a massive, devastating disaster. Yet, the most worrisome of all is the explosion and leaking of radiation from the nuclear plant. I truly admire the 50 dedicated, selfless heroes who stand behind their work knowing the fact that they are sacrificing their lives in preserving others. Their work ethnic is impressive and honoring comparing to the hospital personnels who fled and abandoned their patients during evacuation. I am not here to judge... I proposed the question to myself and my family and none of us see ourselves staying behind in such a critical condition. I am weak in many ways, but I learned from the heroes that if I stand firm on my conviction and keep my covenant from the very beginning, then my belief will not be sway in times of crisis.

We can no longer ignore the issue of global warming. In D& C 131:6, "it is impossible to be saved in ignorance." We cannot fight with mother nature, but we can start educating our family to be responsible, and conscious about the environment. Our children, and their next generations rely on us. We must teach them to conserve energy, resources, recycle and reuse when possible. Countries across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East are now reconsidering alternative green energy.

I am touched by the united effort of many countries who offer to assist the Japanese and it's government in this process.

Together we Thrive!!!!

No comments: