Thursday, February 5, 2009

Career

I always envy women who had their own career, and be able to contribute to the workforce. And sometimes, I wonder if I ever am going to have one. Jady would have to be at least five before I go back to work, and by then, I would be hitting my big forty. :( Who in the world would hire someone without much job training, and at an old age? It's depressing everytime when I think of that. I know I should be grateful to be a stay-at-home mom, but sometimes the chores are mundane and dull.

The Lord sure know what I was thinking... I had a total respect of my "career" after helping Evan re-arranging the furniture in his room. Looking at his cheerful smile, I finally came to an HONEST (guess I never am convicted) actualization that no job in this world could be more fulfiling than being a mom. Mom is not only a caregiver, but also an interior decorator, a taxi driver, an entertainer, the family counselor, a party organizer, the instructor, a "live" planner, and the dress maker/custome designer, etc. The list can go on and on. What fun it is to be a mom; and which job out there would allow me to perform in these many different roles?

Thanks to the Lord for instilling me with the insight. I hope to always remember this experience, and to truly enjoy and appreciate motherhood. Let's see if I can be the kind of mom that I've always wanted; one who is honored, respected, and loved by her children. :)

3 comments:

Fish said...

first of all, i like the new look of your blog. secondly, being a career woman without kid, i would like to tell you the best job in the world is to stay at home. i am happy you realized it and enjoy it. no project is more fulfilling/satisfying than raising children at home. tell you the truth, when you are envying of women who have their career, many working women are just so jealous of stay-at-home moms who can "work from home". so let's just enjoy what we have.

The Austin's said...

I couldn't agree more with you. I some times think it gets so monotonous. But then I realize how fun and crazy it can be. Embrace what you have it won't be to long until Jady is in school.

PL said...

Oh, Fish and Sarah... that's what friends are for. It's hard enought to catch yourselves in sitauation that you don't know where you are heading... but to have real friends telling you the truth, and give you different perspective is just valuable. I am such a self-conflicting individual that I can feel something today but had totally opposite feeling tomorrow. :) I don't think I still am committed to work when Jady is five becuase I would be missing out on Evan (being a teenager), and the many school functions at Jady's. :D
Thanks for your kind and encouraging words, sisters!!!