7/16 (Mon)
I love Mondays even though it always seemed to be the craziest day of the week.
I took Jady and Evan to drop off a birthday gift to a sister today. This sister has a previous marriage and one child before she married this guy. Her husband also has multiple children and wives from previous marriages. So, together they have many children and grandchildren but they are only my age. According to the wife, her husband didn't make enough to either pay for his family or child support. He never earned a degree and refused to get a second job to support the family. I feel bad for this sister every time I see her. I couldn't even imagine the stress she has in dealing with the chaotic family situation.
As we drove home today after Evan's reading lesson, we talked about how important it is for him to be a righteous priesthood holder. I reminded him to be serious about his education so that his wife and children will be taking care of and most importantly be happy around him. And this morning as I woke up, he was reading my human physiology and anatomy book. He said he might want to be a Dr. or some sort. We shall see!
On a different note, Jeannie and I went on another chatting session today. I quickly turned on the laptop as I came back from Evan's reading lesson. Then, off I went to fix dinner for Johnny so that he could go watch Evan play basketball. As I came back to the laptop, I saw the message "Mom, are you on?" She was indeed looking for a chat with me -- and that really makes my day!!! I needed to figure out the time zone in HK so that we can still chat.
As for Jady -- got to love her "honesty"! Johnny has several meeting this week so that he was out working quite a bit. One night this little one heard the garage door opened, she got up and said, "wait, daddy is here. Free time is over." She then quickly grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Johnny and I had a good laugh about it. Got to love this smart little one!
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment