Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Merciful Obtain Mercy - President Uchtdorf

It's been awhile since the last time I talked to this friend.  I had doubt in my mind whether she still want to stay in touch with me.  We both did something in the past that hurt each other's feeling.  Although we both apologize but I still feel a little unease.  Because I felt betrayed so I justified my own action.  My anger, my wound was like a sponge and swelled everyday until the day we watched President Uchtdorf's talk at FHE.  My heart ache... not because of my friend, but for myself.  I suddenly realized how much pride I had and how unforgiving I was.  I should have understood and respected my friend's choice of not returning my email.  I should be patient to let the time heal.  I was not sincere when I asked for forgiveness, and I thought I probably won't be forgiven for the rest of my life.  There was a hole in me that I could not fix.

The issue bothers me so much that I could not sleep.  I stayed up and started reading the general conference talk, the same statement stood out from President Uchtdorf's talk, "how can we deny to others any measure of the grace we desperately desire for ourselves?"  What a powerful message of the atonement!!!  Jesus did the impossible and redeem all mankind.  Things would be made perfect through Him.  It's been a long time since I pour my heart and soul for the cleaning power of the atonement.  For the very first time, I felt truly sorry for my wrong doing.  It wouldn't matter whether she wants to stay in touch because I've no control over it.  As long as I do my part, continue to write to her and pray on her behalf, the Lord will .  My heart was filled with love by the Savior, and I can now continue to move on.  I am grateful for this gospel... I am grateful for the atonement of Christ.  I want my children to know that mom is not perfect, but it can be done through the Lord, our Savior, Jesus Christ!



       


No comments: