Friday, November 18, 2011

What Have We Been Doing- Sept 2011?



Jeannie's friends and her homecoming pictures.

Sept :

Kids are back to school and the soccer season starts for both Jeannie and Evan.  Thank goodness we only have two playing this season, but I often wonder how in the world people have time running their kids around with games and activities.  I am happy that they both are done by last week, just can't wait to do something fun with the kids before the winter!

Johnny and I also tried to help with Jeannie's college application.  It's been a pain since she doesn't like the way we corrected her essays.  I finally realized that I am the least likable person to work with after many, many argument with my teenager, and I passed the ball the her dad.  It's not the most pleasant experience we had, but I am glad that it's over!  She finally submitted everything last Sunday and got the acceptance letter through email from BYU-Idaho yesterday! Yeah!!!  Something I did not realize until last night was that my motives and stress over her application actually stem from the fear of my child not being accepted by any church college, and how much I don't want her attending the local ones.  It was such a relief as I heard the good news.  Now, we are waiting to hear from BYU-Hawaii and BYU-Provo!

2 comments:

The Austin's said...

Jeannie you are BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats to you. Pauline my momma and Aunt are still in Rexburg so if she decides to go to the freezing cold tundra then don't worry there will be someone you know who can check in on her. :)

PL said...

You are so sweet, Sarah!!! I'll let you know which school she is going to once we heard from them. love ya!