Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nursemaid's Elbow

Jady was screaming one night after Johnny got her off the potty. From that moment on, she refused to use her left arm, and held close to her little body. We suspected that daddy might have pulled her extended arm while trying to get her up, and that caused her "nursemaid" elbow.

Because it was late and our pediatrician's office was closed. We had to watch and wait until the next day before taking Jady to the Dr. We watched her for about 15-20 mins and she cried and screamed everytime she tried to lift up her arm. She could only hold it to mid air. That really bothers me coz I wasn't sure how she's able to sleep through the night. I was praying hard in my heart for some guidance to ease her pain.... Somehow I was prompted to check on the internet.

It must have been at least ten websites I'd read before getting the idea of stablizing my child's arm. One website even mentioned if a child is flexible enough, he/she might be able to pop the elbow back in place by itself. I did not pray for a miracle, all I needed was for my child to go to bed without pain. Jady cried and got frustrated at first because she couldn't get off my bed without hurting her injured arm. So, I got her off and wrapped her arm as instructed with a triangle bandage hanging on her neck.

The Lord surely was watching over us. The minute I finished wrapping her little arm, Jady got side tracked with a little toy on the floor. Then she managed to unlose her injured arm from the banadage, and picked up the toy off the floor with her other arm. Although, she did not use her left arm, but I saw clearly that her left arm was moving freely without pain. I was stunned!!! I couldn't believe what I'd seen. It took me a good few minutes to determine of her recovery. Her mobility and appearance showed me that she was all well and happy, unlike the child I saw an earlier. I puzzled whether she was faking her pain for the last hour, but as I put the pieces together, there was no way that my active two year old could sit still, use only one arm, and keep her injured arm in the same location for over a long period of time. It's just impossible!!!

It was a true miracle, and the Lord had showned me once again that He listens to my prayer, and He is there for me and everyone who seek after Him!!!

No comments: